Thursday, October 10, 2013

Autumn Moon Festival at Stanley

 The Autumn Moon Festival fell on a Thursday night this year.  So many preparations such as lanterns dragons, markets and Moon cake (not crazy about these).  Moon cakes have lotus paste surrounding a salted egg yoke although they do have some ice-cream ones but they are not traditional.  No one could tell me what the holiday was about so of course I had to resort to google.  Apparently, the ancient Chinese celebrate by thanking the moon god for their harvests.  Modern times have made it a huge party at the beach or wherever with lanterns and lights during the first full moon of Autumn.  Emma went with a neighbor but Rubee took Jason.  Alexis, Devon and I had to sit through an on-line Algebra class.  Tim was not home from work.  I really like the Potter School for Devon and Alexis but I hated for them to miss the festival.  However, they could not miss class because in a couple of weeks we are heading to Thailand and going to miss school!
 Emma and Avery our neighbor!

 Sand angels
 The moon and lanterns
The moon rising from my balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment