Saturday, August 31, 2013

Our Summer

Dear Friends,
As most of you know my father passed away this last summer.  My apologies for no posts since.  My heart feels so injured that every time I sat at the computer tears would stream down my face.  Mostly, I have spent the last six months running from my emotions.  Here is my small attempt at some closure on the pain filled month of July.
 We found out my father had cancer the last week of June.  Our jet lag had just subsided from the 24 hr flight and 12 hour time difference between Hong Kong and Kansas.
 Patsy's stepdaughter Chrissy came over to cheer us up with a little pig therapy and her beautiful boys.
 Here is Jason taking a nap with his grandfather!
 We watched movies with Grandma and Grandpa.
 Many people came to say hello and farewell for now.  My dad was so happy to see everyone!
Aunt Mae came from California, Uncle Herb and cousin Bill came from Niagara Falls, Ontario.  Dad and all the rest of us really enjoyed visiting with his brother, sister and nephew.
I will just end this post saying that we miss my dad a lot.  We feel amazingly blessed by God that we were allowed to be with my dad during his last days.  We look forward to seeing him again when we join him in eternity.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. Excited you will see him again though. Praise God for eternal life! So glad we've had the chance to reconnect and get caught up through Facebook and blogs. Blessings to you and your family for an incredible Christmas 2013!

    ReplyDelete